Tuesday, August 07, 2007

The Florida Files


I'm home!

I have to practice saying that when I walk in the front door. Texas has been home my entire life. I'm not just in my Florida house...I'm home.

We have had the longest goodbye on record. On September 7th, 2006, Drew called to tell me that Raytheon needed him to relocate immediately. To California. We heard that 4 years ago. So this time we told only the kids. The timing and destination changed, but not the reality. We closed on our new home the end of May, sold our Texas house the end of July, and our furniture and other items arrived last week. If you are looking at a calendar, that means we have been in an empty house since June 4th. No internet and no TV. Edd Eason, it was the hardest Wilderness Trek EVER! Enough of that. We really managed amazingly well. God was sweet to give us time together without media distractions.

I have kept a written mini-journal of the adventure that I hope to post in bits and pieces. But for now, here are some pics of our new location.

We're home!

okay, wait...can somebody tell me how to post photos?!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

When you're writing your post up near the word toolbar you'll find a little picture of a mountain. This is the "add picture" button. From there, you'll have to browse for the pictures you want to add, and then click submit!

I can't wait to see them!

Carolyn said...

thanks! in the meantime, I'll e-mail you some pics. love you!

owldog1 said...

YEAH I am so happy you remembered your password. I know we will see you lots in the next couple months. Have to come to TX for those baby showers :)

Unknown said...

Glad you posted. I have been one of those "lurkers" on your blog for a long time.

RE is so different without you that Kristy and I are leaving too. Moving to Gunnison Colo, leaving on 8/23...

I may not be a native Texan, but have been here well over half of my life, so the idea of moving to Colorado is a bit scary.

I know God will bless alot of those Floridians with you and Drew.

Hey, I see a trade. We can visit the beach you can visit the mountains...

Kent Hill

Unknown said...

so glad you're posting again- the house pics you sent are gorgeous! Although, I'm guessing you aren't doing much actual eating on the dining room table. Yikes! Not till you get more settled! Love you lots!

Lynn Leaming said...

Carolyn,
It is so good to see you back in the blog world!! I loved the pics of your house, you have it decorated so cute! I love all the crosses! The beach picture makes me so envious. The sunset is beautiful! May the Lord just bless you and Drew and your new adventure in ways that you could not have ever asked or imagined.

Heather said...

We miss you!! So glad that you are posting again and we are already talking 'road trip'!!

Blog Archive