Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Happy Brrrrrrrrrthday!


Drew and I went to Epcot today. The weather was absolutely beautiful. There were no lines, because the Christmas crowd won't arrive until the weekend. We got to hear Kirk Cameron narrate The Nativity Story. His testimony was touching.

We had dinner in Italy. A lovely restaurant with delicious food and a nice bottle of wine...the end of a perfect day, when a few tables down from us, the waiters came out to sing 'Happy Birthday' to a customer. "It's Italy!", I thought. "This will be great!" They started out a couple of octaves too high, and it went down hill from there.

Hey, Italy! If you people can't start out on the right note, then don't even bother! I know...it's a universal problem. But, Italy? Opera? Didn't DaVinci invent the pitch pipe or something?

Better yet, let's just change the official birthday song. I already have. I prefer singing it to the tune of "We wish you a Merry Christmas". "We wish you a happy birthday, etc. and a happy new year!" See? It makes sense and it doesn't sound like fingernails on a chalkboard.

While we're at it, let's change the tune of The Star Spangled Banner. I am nervous for every soloist and help us all if it's acapella. Especially if it's started by an Italian.

Let there be peace on earth, and let it begin on the right note for crying out loud!

3 comments:

Kaitlin said...

Oh and don't tell the Italians that their pasta is too buttery. Apparently they make it with 50% butter..and they are extremeley offended if you don't like the food. We went to the restaurant this summer at Epcot and Justin got fetucinni alfredo thinking it would be safe to get. Come to find out, they make it so rich with butter, it's too hard to eat. Our waitresses attitute changed after we asked her why it was so rich. BUT the calimari is a delight and so was my meal.

Unknown said...

Oh, how fun...I LOVE Epcot! And Italy!

Dara said...

Oh, I love EPCOT! Or any Disney park for that matter! So much fun! I don't think I've ever eaten in "Italy." We had a fabulous meal in France and loved the hibachi in Japan. We've done the German dinner buffet twice...can't beat the atmosphere and entertainment! Oh, it would be great to be able to go more often! I will live vicariously through you!!!

Blog Archive